What is Hypnosis?
In this unit, we will delve deep into some of the fundamentals of hypnosis.You will be introduced to the language of hypnosis, an extensive history of hypnosis, a Model of the Mind and a theory as to how we develop our belief systems. We will look at common misconceptions of hypnosis and you will learn how to debunk them so that you can talk about hypnosis with confidence.
Your familiarity with these topics will help your clients to see you as an expert, have confidence in you and, as a byproduct, get better results with their goals.
By the end of this unit, you will be able to:
– Identify several uses of hypnosis.
– Be familiar with and able to state the major contributions of: Mesmer, Braid, Elliotson, Esdaile, Freud, Erikson and Elman
– Define hypnosis
– Understand and use the correct semantics associated with hypnosis
– Explain natural trance states and identify some that you have experienced.
– Explain the model of the mind
– Provide an alternative explanation of the model of the mind for a spiritual client
– List qualities of the conscious and subconscious mind
– Explain how the belief system is formed
– Understand and explain when the "critical factor" is open and what happens when that occurs.
– Understand the qualities of and differences between right brain and left brain.
– Understand techniques for balancing the left and right brain
– Explain the differences between stage hypnosis and hypnotherapy.
– Discuss and debunk the common misconceptions around hypnosis.
– Explain the difference between meditation and hypnosis
Note: there are approx. 70 minutes of video in this unit